The most notable word for 2010 is leak.
Aside from that, here is my list:
1. Experimental Film: Phil Solomon’ s American Falls, 55 min., commissioned by the Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C. which screened this year at the Views from the Avant-Garde.
2. Residency Initiatives: Creative Time’s Global Residency program allows six artists to travel and research projects through the course of 2010.
3. Album: Ariel Pink’s Haunted Grafitti, Before Today.
4. Artist: Ai Weiwei, Zodiac Heads/Circle of Animals installed at Sao Paulo’s Biennale and coming to NYC soon.
5. Museum Exhibition: Solomon R. Guggenheim, New York, Haunted: Contemporary Photography/Video/Performance.
6. TV Show: Friday Night Lights, Season Five
7. Blog: Pablo Helguera created five issues of the The Estheticist a free ongoing service of art consultation around practical, philosophical, and ethical subjects.
8. Not for Profit Organization: Exit Art, Alternative Histories.
9. Independent Film: Bahman Ghobadi, No One Knows About Persian Cats, 106 min., released in the U.S. April 16, 2010.
10. Opera: The Nose by Dmitri Shostakovich which is based on a short story by Nikolai Gogol, Directed and co-designed by William Kentridge.Baseera Khan is an artist and curator and 2010 Art21 guest blog alum.