The support of many friends, partners, and sponsors has made for an extremely productive year at Art21! Highlights of 2011 include:
- The Peabody Award for William Kentridge: Anything Is Possible
- The New York State Art Teachers Association Special Citation Award
- The keynote address, delivered to 3,500 art teachers, at the National Art Education Association’s annual convention in Seattle
- Art21 Educators, now in its third year; benefits a total of 46 K-12 educators and thousands of their students
- New York Close Up, a new geographically-focused online film series, is launched
- Art in the Twenty-First Century (Season Six) filming and editing is complete; national primetime PBS broadcast is scheduled for Spring 2012
Fans champion Art21 in many ways, ranging from donations to programs, to purchases of books and DVDs to share with others, to introductions to individuals around the world; each gift helps Art21 expand its programming and reach. Another method of support we value is the spontaneous emails, posts, and tweets from program participants and viewers, which quickly convey the power of Art21’s programs.
To meet Oliver Herring [Season Three artist], learn about how an artist actually works and be in the space that he works in was amazing. It was probably one of the most intense weeks I’ve ever had.
– Art21 Educators participant
New York Close Up shows the whole process [and] makes my own art seem more accessible.
– Art21 YouTube subscriber
Art21 does consistently good work in opening up visual arts to the public…[while] staying fresh and continually renewing their output and impact on audiences.
– National funding panelist
A gift of any size to the Art21 Annual Fund reaps returns that are both materially rewarding – a new series like New York Close Up – and emotionally impactful – a teacher discovering new practices and inspiration. We hope that you will consider Art21 in your year-end giving!
With my heartfelt thanks and warmest wishes,
Please select an amount above to make a secure donation online, using PayPal.
Checks made payable to Art21 can be sent to:
Attn: Development Department
286 Spring Street, Suite 405
New York, NY 10013
Art21 is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation; all donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.